Current:Home > InvestRekubit Exchange:John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -WealthMindset Learning
Rekubit Exchange:John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
Chainkeen Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 11:21:07
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,Rekubit Exchange and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (5615)
Related
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Judge says 4 independent and third-party candidates should be kept off Georgia presidential ballots
- US Postal Service is abandoning a plan to reroute Reno-area mail processing to Sacramento
- Man accused of starting destructive California wildfire by throwing firework out car window
- Woman dies after Singapore family of 3 gets into accident in Taiwan
- Harris campaign releases new ad to highlight plans to build 3 million homes and reduce inflation
- 21-year-old celebrating baptism drowns saving girl in distress in Texas lake: Police
- Recovering Hawaii still on alert as Hurricane Gilma continues approach
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- Alix Earle apologizes for using racial slurs in posts from a decade ago: 'No excuse'
Ranking
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Shop Coach Outlet’s Summer Steals, Including Bags, Wristlets & More up to 70% off, Starting at $30
- Providers halt services after court allows Florida to enforce ban on transgender care for minors
- Georgia Senate Republicans push to further restrict trans women in sports
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Juan Soto just getting started – with monster payday right around the corner
- Lowe’s changes some DEI policies amid legal attacks on diversity programs and activist pressure
- How many points did Caitlin Clark score today? Rookie overcomes injury scare in victory
Recommendation
Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
Taylor Swift's childhood vacation spot opens museum exhibit with family photos
Comic Relief US launches new Roblox game to help children build community virtually and in real life
West Virginia middle school student dies after sustaining injury during football practice
Bodycam footage shows high
1 killed in interstate crash involving truck carrying ‘potentially explosive’ military devices
Vanderpump Rules’ Brittany Cartwright Files for Divorce From Jax Taylor After 5 Years of Marriage
When do 2024 Paralympics start? What to know for Paris Games opening ceremony