Current:Home > InvestPrince William Returns to Royal Duties Amid King Charles III’s Cancer Treatment -WealthMindset Learning
Prince William Returns to Royal Duties Amid King Charles III’s Cancer Treatment
Oliver James Montgomery View
Date:2025-04-06 10:44:36
Prince William is stepping back into the spotlight.
Two days after King Charles III's cancer diagnosis was announced and one week after Kate Middleton's hospital release, the Prince of Wales returned to his royal duties.
William, who had taken a brief suspension to support his wife through her recovery from abdominal surgery, was photographed leading an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle on Feb. 7.
"Honoring amazing people doing incredible things in our communities," the couple's Instagram page captioned photos from William's outing, "up and down the country."
According to The Independent, William will also attend a fundraising gala dinner supporting London's Air Ambulance Charity later on in the evening.
In addition to returning to his own duties, royal correspondent Sharon Carpenter recently told E! News that William, if needed, would likely "step up on behalf of his father when it comes to certain engagements" amid the monarch's health battle.
And William—who shares children Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, with Kate—is not the only member of the royal family who has rerouted his plans in midst of his father's newfound illness.
Prince Harry—who officially stepped down from royal duties in 2020—has returned to the U.K. from his home in Southern California to be by his father's side.
The palace announced Charles' diagnosis on Feb. 5 after undergoing treatment for an enlarged prostate at London Clinic late last month.
"During The King's recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted," their statement read. "Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer. His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties."
King Charles' cancer diagnosis comes among a slew of other health tribulations for the royal family. Read on for the latest updates.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
veryGood! (2)
Related
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Kroger to pay up to $1.4 billion to settle lawsuits over its role in opioid epidemic
- Phoenix has set another heat record by hitting 110 degrees on 54 days this year
- Why a nonprofit theater company has made sustainability its mission
- Mets have visions of grandeur, and a dynasty, with Juan Soto as major catalyst
- Inter Miami vs. Sporting KC score, highlights: Campana comes up big in Miami win minus Messi
- Former Olympic champion and college All-American win swim around Florida’s Alligator Reef Lighthouse
- Hurricane Lee is charting a new course in weather and could signal more monster storms
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- Moroccan villagers mourn after earthquake brings destruction to their rural mountain home
Ranking
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- Hundreds of Pride activists march in Serbia despite hate messages sent by far-right officials
- Kevin Costner References Ex Christine Baumgartner’s Alleged “Boyfriend” in Divorce Battle
- WR Kadarius Toney's 3 drops, 1 catch earns him lowest Pro Football Focus grade since 2018
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- Paris strips Palestinian leader Abbas of special honor for remarks on Holocaust
- Complex cave rescue looms in Turkey as American Mark Dickey stuck 3,200 feet inside Morca cave
- Missouri constitutional amendment would ban local gun laws, limit minors’ access to firearms
Recommendation
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Two and a Half Men’s Angus T. Jones Looks Unrecognizable Debuting Shaved Head
Japan’s foreign minister to visit war-torn Ukraine with business leaders to discuss reconstruction
Arab American stories interconnect in the new collection, 'Dearborn'
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Powerful ethnic militia in Myanmar repatriates 1,200 Chinese suspected of involvement in cybercrime
Pakistani police detain relatives of the man wanted in the death probe of his daughter in UK
On ‘João’, Brazilian singer Bebel Gilberto honors her late father, bossa nova giant João Gilberto